September 1, 2020
- Gilead has reached an exclusive licensing agreement for Jounce Therapeutic’s JTX-1811. JTX-1811 is a monoclonal antibody (mAb) that targets CCR8 to deplete immunosuppressive tumor-infiltrating T regulatory cells (Tregs). CCR8 is expressed by these Tregs and they are depleted by JTX-1811 treatment.
- JTX-1811 has yet to enter the clinic, an IND is anticipated to be filed in the 1H2021.
- Per terms of the agreement, Gilead will make an upfront payment of $85 million in addition to a $35 million equity investment ($120M total). Future milestone payments (clinical, regulatory, and/or commercial) have the potential to reach $685 million.
- Jounce is also eligible to receive royalties ranging from the high single digit to mid-teens for worldwide sales.
- Jounce will lead development of JTX-1811 through IND clearance, and after Gilead will have the sole right to develop JTX-1811.